Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I have a court date for non payment of rent Aug 19th. I

Customer Question

I have a court date for non payment of rent Aug 19th. I already have the funds to pay landlord before court. My question is that on Aug 9th the landlord came to the house to ask me to vacate ASAP and threatened me and even removed the front door ! Is this legal? Given that I already had a court date ? I take full responsibility for moneys owed and will pay but is the harassment warranted. I felt violated there was 4 big men intimidating I had my 7 and 10 year old they were scared
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what state this is in? Thank you.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.