LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.

When the lease is up do the tenants have to get out

Customer Question

when the lease is up do the tenants have to get out
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Good evening. Yes, once a lease expires, the tenants are expected to vacate. The purpose behind a lease is so that all parties know when it will start and when it ends. When a lease ends and it set to expire, the landlord and tenant can either agree to enter into a new lease term, change the tenancy to month to month or simply end it. If the tenant fails to vacate, then they would be holding over and the landlord would need to evict them through the court.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.