Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I live in mass i am disability and my lease is runing out i

Customer Question

i live in mass i am disability and my lease is runing out i have lived here for 6 years with any problem but they don't want to renew in my lease with no reason my doctors say it would be horrible my needs are all met here to have someone move us is very expensive and my husband is also not well what are rights
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 6 months ago.

The federal Fair Housing act prohibits discrimination against people who have a history of disability. If the landlord is going to lease to someone else rather than renew your lease, this may be discrimination. You can file a complaint with the US Dept of Housing and Urban Development online at the following link: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/online-complaint