CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.

How do I legally prove to RV park owner I have the right to

Customer Question

How do I legally prove to RV park owner I have the right to remove a tenants trailer with their permission. Owner of the trailer was recently sentenced to 1 year on a parole violation.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using the forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

The Park Owner is going to want some form of written authorization from the owner of the trailer allowing you to remove the vehicle from the park.

The most common (and versatile) form of written authorization is going to be a "Power of Attorney" which allows one person (in this case the trailer's owner who was recently incarcerated) to allow another person (such as yourself) to make decisions on their behalf.

This power of attorney can be very broad - written to encompass all types of contracts and obligations, or it can be very narrow - (for our example, it can be limited to allowing the "Agent" (you) authorization to remove the trailer from the park and make other dispositions as instructed by the owner).

These can be very simple forms - see:, but you do at a minimum need the owner's signature - and some facilities do require a notarized signature on the POA to honor it (it is fairly easy to get a notary at a jail or prison, contact the facility in advance to make arrangements).