AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

August 5 told l would not be renewed for 12 month lease

Customer Question

August 5 told l would not be renewed for 12 month lease because of clutter in 2 rooms
Been here 13 yrs and lease is up on August 31. The first week in July had a inspection by property manager and 2 corporate people, apparently they were walking through entire complex inspecting every single apartment. I have been through it all living here. Funny l would have never been told if l did not inquire about my lease. Led on when they could have told me. I was plced in this apartment 10 yrs prior because the apartment l moved into had mold. I had called the health department after 3 yrs, then the had to move me and family. So much more to tell. My question is l decided to leave, now lm being charged 40 days rent for not giving 60 days. I didn't change the terms of contract/none renew.
Entrapment is what they are doing to me. Need help.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience, and I'd like to assist. If the manager told you on August 5 that your lease would not be renewed, then they already gave you notice to quit the tenancy, and you should not, in turn, have to give them notice.

Please give a positive rating if I have answered your question. IF you have followup questions, feel free to ask. Thanks!