LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.

In nyc i rent aroom out to an individual. he signed a 30 day

Customer Question

in nyc i rent aroom out to an individual. he signed a 30 day room rental agreement with a 30 day termination notice that can be given by either party. do i the landlord need areason to due this and what if he refuses to leave what are my options
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Good evening. No, a reason is not needed. Either party can simply terminate with at least a 30 day notice and they do not have to tell the other party why. Now, if the party fails to leave, then they would have to proceed and evict the tenant and can sue them for costs associated with the lawsuit/eviction, as well

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.