LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.
9540344

I was given a 60 day that falls sept 3rd. I came home to a 3

Customer Question

I was given a 60 day that falls sept 3rd. I came home to a 3 day notice to pay rent . What will happen if I wait till the 19th to pay?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 3 months ago.

Good evening. Can you clarify for me why if the landlord gave you a 60 day notice to vacate, they then gave you a 3 day notice to pay rent?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was given a 60 day without a reason. I have not paid rent yet for this month so I believe they are just demanding their rent.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am looking for a good lawyer to represent us because of many issues that have been ongoing with our rental.

Thank you. It seems odd. I say this because a 60 day notice to vacate would require that you leave at the end of the 30 days. However, if the landlord is now giving you a 3 day notice to pay rent and you do and it is accepted, then the 60 day notice would be moot and you could stay and they would need to give you another notice to vacate.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OH! I see. Brilliant.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I thought it was pretty odd.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this point I just want to get out at the end of the month. I am so tired of dealing with them. What can they do if I do not pay the rent until the 19th.

Once the 60 day expired, you can vacate, You do not have to stay.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But what could be done legally to me if I do not pay this month's rent

They could then evict you. You would have no legal right to stay at that point.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.