CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.

My land lord is harassing me.

Customer Question

My land lord is harassing me.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

So I can better help you, can you explain a little more about what is happening? Why is your landlord harassing you? What is your legal question you need help with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have taken my landlord to housing court, after 10 years of not making repairs, a time frame was established in housing court through contract. I have been requesting my lease re-knewal for over three months. the owner of the reality company will not provide me with it nor will he speak to me. an employee from the reality company is here and is refusing to talk to me in my own house. I was told i would have to wait for my reality manager to show up between now and 5pm to talk to him. It is a violation of court law to not provide me with my lease which is singed. this is going on in my own home this is harassment. which has been going on for nearly ten years.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is***** am another expert on the forum, your prior expert opted out, this sometimes happens.

I am sorry to learn of this issue.

NY City has some resources to assist tenants with landlord harassment matters, up to and including going back to housing court, (I understand you probably don't want to go back to housing court, but if you are unable to reach a resolution, that is where you need to go to enforce your rights).

Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.