Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Other
Experience:  30 Years of experience.
77476456

I hope you are having a positive day..i wanted to get some

Customer Question

Hello...i hope you are having a positive day..i wanted to get some advice...I live in the state of Washington and I'm renting a house on a month to month bases...is there a requirement for a landlord giving tenant a copy of the rental agreement?..because i kept asking them about it ..then they said they lost it and I never got a copy..2. In the state of Washington is there requirement to pay the landlords taxes...i did pay a year in a half of taxes with the intention of buying the house.. whats the requirements of repairs...i fixed irritation system...had both heat pumps repair which cost me alot of money. because i went a whole year without using the heat pumps only the furnace..during that time my heat Bill was very high...when i sign the rental agreement there was nothing mention about pets.they knew I had pets because ..they were ok with it...so all of sudden they wanted to get the house refinance...and the appraiser found some things they needed fix before it was approved...so my pets make some damages..which i payed for....now they are evicting me because of my pets and they have lots of pets themselves..they sent me a letter why and the same letter through the post office where I to sign for it...so they gave 30days it was a shock..so i thought i had a good relationship with them..so before the 30 days ask them to give me more time..they said ok i had to be out by the end of this month...so i said thank you....so I'm really searching.because i have pets...so i ask them i just need more.time.and i was being respectful and honest..now they are being real pushy and want me out..what are my rights?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 4 months ago.

Hello:

Please bear with me while I verify somethings for you.

Thank you for your patience. I will respond fully shortly.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I am afraid that these people took a very big advantage of you. If you had an agreement to rent the house with an opportunity to buy it, all of that needed to be in writing and you should have been given a copy of that agreement.

You also should have been given a copy of your lease agreement.

Unless you had a specific agreement in regard to the taxes you should not have been paying the taxes. The same is true for the repairs to the heating system and the irrigation system. All of that was the landlord's responsibility.

You need to get all of your receipts together.

If you have been served with eviction papaers you need to answer them, and "Counterclaim" for all the expenses that you have had repairing the property and paying the taxes. You want to claim fraud and breach of contract.

These cases are usually in small claims court. The clerk of the Court should have the forms that you need.

Here is a link to the landlord tenant law:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=59.18

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,
Gerald

If they have not filed to evict you, they can not self evict you. They have to go through court to do that.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)