Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

We believe we are experiencing senior harassment and abuse.

Customer Question

We believe we are experiencing senior harassment and abuse. We almost blew up in the unit. The unit was red tagged by the So. Cal Gas Co and we were given an eviction notice. I refused to sign it for various reasons but mainly my sister-in-law had just come from the hospital from a major surgery by which the County & private nurses had to come in care for her wounds three (3) times a day. We receive no maintenance service in anyway in the unit. However, after receiving the eviction notice which was withdrawn, the landlord increased the rent by $100 per month. We are in a HOA and we have talked to the association about a neighbor who has constantly been harassing us, but he felt our problem is a neighbor dispute and stated case closed. We have been living on this property since 2007. We have incurred a break-in, nothing done by association or landlord. The neighbor has poisoned our plants in the patio area, nothing done. She also throws pork chop bones over the gate.We would like to talk with someone as our latest problem is the neighbor flooding out our backyard and we discussed it with the Association manager who stated the above comment about neighbor dispute. These people don't like renters but we have been here over eight years, never bothered anyone, always paid our rent on-time. Can we discuss!
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 months ago.

If you would like a telephone call let me know and I will offer it as a premium service. I am Richard-******.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 5 months ago.

Hello Veronica and Loid. If you would like to chat online via the Just Answer website, I'd be happy to assist you. Just let me know what specific information you are seeking. Thank you.