David C. Garner
David C. Garner, Attorney
Experience:  JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California

I purchased one of those building that you put on your

Customer Question

I purchased one of those building that you put on your property instead of renting a storage unit. I owe maybe 5 months and it is behind I spoke to someone on Monday I told them I was out of town and didn't have my check book to write a check until I got back which would be Monday Aug 1. The guy I spoke to said he would text me a phone number to contact the people. I just found out that they moved the building with all of my belongings. What can I do?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  David C. Garner replied 3 months ago.

Certainly they need to release your belongings. Then, as soon as you pay the building current, you can have that back. I realize this is frustrating, but your probably knew you were behind when you left town. The are not legally obligated to wait. They probably should have, but they were within their rights to repossess the building.

I hope this helps.