Good afternoon Tami,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.
Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.
Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Did the landlord ask you to move, or did she just say she was putting the house up for sale?
2. When did you send her the notice that you would be out by August 31? (Did you mean July 31?)
3. Have you paid rent through the end of the month?
4. What do you mean when you say "She did not give me 48 hours to enter"?
5. Did you intend to pay rent for August, 2016?
Thanks in advance,