KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of real estate experience including foreclosures, landlord tenant matters, residential sales and condo/coop matters.
8989662

What does the property manager do with the evicted tenants

Customer Question

what does the property manager do with the evicted tenants personal property after they have left. We have not been able to contact the tenant and/or the tenant is not responding to any of our messages or questions.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I am happy to assist.

The property manager and owner have no obligation to the former tenant regarding their personal property if they have been evicted. Of course, it would be nice if it could be kept somewhere for a short time to continue to see if you can get in touch with this person, but there is no legal obligation to do so.

Eviction gives the owner the right to simply place all belongings in the apartment onto the street or in the trash.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks

Kim

Hello. Just checking in with you today. I didn't see any follow up questions for you and this question is still open.

I am online today if you have any questions about the above. If not, please do rank my answer with positive feedback, so that I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks so much and take care,

Kim

Hello, This is Kim, the attorney who assist you last week.

I see that this question is still open. Please go ahead and rate my answer with positive feedback. The top three ratings will make sure that I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks so much and take care,

Kim