Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in Landlord Tenant Law.
68197583

Am on S.S.D.I and disable ;;have a question on HUD housing

Customer Question

am on S.S.D.I and disable ;;have a question on HUD housing right of tenant,, was living in pullman WA which i was living in priv-own HUD sec-8 income base unit,, a opening in boise ID same type of priv own HUD sec-8 income base unit became open,,i was told by new landlord to put my 30 day ''notice to quit '' in to i move my housing there unit,, NOW am in boise id and its over 30 days forward my mail new address and have ELE power in my name and i was told i had the unit by phone and today they told me they having finish my paper work and they wouldn't take my deposit today and i can't move in ,THEY SAID MAYBE FRIDAY? ,, QUESTION do i have a legal right to this apt?? or my life being sucked a way in this hotel,(###) ###-####
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 4 months ago.
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. Just to clarify did section 8 in Idaho give you the verbal confirmation that you had the unit and did you get their name. This is an example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing and we will get you assistance at the Federal level. I just need to know who gave you the information that you were good to go.
I have had very little success with HUD at the local level. I call Washington directly and demand to speak to the administrator in charge of Section 8. The number is(###) ###-#### ***** do not accept going into voice mail or having my call returned. Give me a moment to provide some more information. Their job is to provide affordable housing to those that qualify not cause you to incur additional expenses because they didn't finish the paper work
You can also file a complaint with the Inspector General at https://www.hudoig.gov/report-fraud
The Office in charge is the Office of Comminity Planning and Dvelopment. http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/comm_planning
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have T-2 cancer and disable, and,homeless now,, last day on the internet,, file a complain is fking joke,, so go buy a gun

I am not saying to file a complaint, I stated you can also file a complaint. I would call HUD directly at the number I provided for you and not deal with the local Section 8. HUD in Washington is in control of Section 8, I would call them directly and demand assistance.

This is a general information site. Pursuant to the terms of service, in case they were not clear, we can only provide general information and not represent you. I would love to be able to call HUD for you and make the demands on your behalf, however, the terms of service prohibit this.

I have had great success as have my clients going directly to HUD.

You can also file a complaint because DC HUD should be aware that this type of thing is happening.

I can provide a link for local pro bono and legal aid that could make a call on your behalf for free. I feel your justifiable irritation is sufficient to get assistance at the Federal level.

Again the telephone number is(###) ###-#### ***** not accept going into voice mail or having my your call returned. Their job is to provide affordable housing to those that qualify not cause you to incur additional expenses because they didn't finish the paper work. You have a right to what was promised to you as that is a contract. They are not making this a priority and like all government services they can delay their part.

This is a legal for legal aid http://www.idaholegalaid.org/node/1033/housing-legal-help

I am only trying to assist you within the terms of service, I understand that you are frustrated and I am only trying to help.

This is the a link for the terms of service for the site http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

"7. Information Not Advice; No Client-Professional Relationship
Answers of Experts on the Site are provided by Experts and are to be used by Customers for general information purposes only, not as a substitute for in-person evaluation or specific professional (medical, legal, veterinary, tax, financial, etc.) advice. For example, Experts in the Legal category will provide only general information about the law, and will not provide legal advice nor propose a specific course of action for a Customer. By answering questions, Experts do not intend to form, and do not form attorney-client or doctor-patient relationships with Users of the Site. The laws, regulations, other governing authorities, standards, practices and procedures that apply to your particular question may differ depending on your location and information typically discovered through in-person evaluations or visits. Experts in some categories may be licensed, certified, educated, employed by or have experience in only particular jurisdictions.

No professional-client relationships shall be formed on the Site.

Communications on this Site are not confidential and shall not be the subject of any associated privileges. Communications on this Site are limited, as described above, do not involve in-person evaluations or visits, and do not include safeguards and procedures typical of in-person evaluations and visits.

Before you can interact with an Expert, you will be required to agree to a Disclaimer reminding you of these and other important provisions of the Terms." http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Please do not hesitate to ask me ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind quired to agree to a Disclaimer reminding you of these and other important provisions of the Terms."enough to rate my service positively so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA We appreciate your business.

This is the link for the terms of service for the site http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information