KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Other
Experience:  I have over 20 years of experience in commercial real estate law, finance, consumer credit, landlord tenant, and business law.
92128996

My father rented a piece of property to a woman. She lived

Customer Question

My father rented a piece of property to a woman. She lived in a trailer home put there by her another woman. There was a man who also lived there with them. He had the responsibility in that household of paying the rent. His name was not apart of the rental agreement. A situation occurred and the woman who rented the property moved out and so did the owner of the trailer. Eventually the man moved out too and currently the trailer sits empty and abandon on the property now owned by my mother. This has been the case for at least three years.
On occasions the rent was paid partially or not paid at all. My father's last attempt to collect rent was October 2012 before her passed away. From that date unto the present. There has been no rent paid to my mother. That time frame is from October 2012 through July 2016.What procedure do we follow to collect on back rent at 200.00 per month for all the months previously mentioned and get these people to remove their trailer from our property?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 4 months ago.
Good afternoon. What state are you located?