Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

This happen recently, while I was in my apartment, the

Customer Question

this happen recently, while I was in my apartment, the maintenance man came in the apartment, while I was in it, with out a notice of entering, so he told me the sheriff's was there, or should they should had left a summon paper for me if there was there on the property? but should I suppose to get a summon before anything happen before a court date? If I wasn't summon yet, can a landlord or maintenance, comes in the apartment?
Then the landlord was yelling at me earlier about the issues when I was trying to talk to him about the issues. he was not professional with
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

The Landlord or maintenance cannot enter your apartment without a prior notice whether you have been summonsed or not.

You have legal possession of the premises and thus the Landlord or its agents cannot enter the premises without your consent unless in case of emergency such as fire or flooding in your apartment.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.