Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

In, my landlord sent me a letter written by m, certified,

Customer Question

In Virginia, my landlord sent me a letter written by him, certified, stating that by September, I must have legal tags and registrations on all vehicles present on the property. I, my wife, and three sons rent this property and I small a rent hike or even a request for us to leave. The landlord and I have always had a good relationship. My son does have three vehicles and two need work to be operable. I want to know if the landlord has the right to make me do this??? Or even has an insurance company have the right to require this of a renter?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a written lease and if you do when does it expire?

Does the written lease state that all the vehicles have to have tags and valid registration?