Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.

In Mississippi, how does a landlord collect a judgement

Customer Question

In Mississippi, how does a landlord collect a judgement after a successful tenant eviction? Our now evicted tenant is nowhere to be found and we don't have any employment info on her. She definitely lives the high life while leaving her 3 children with whoever?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

You may need to hire a private investigator or "skip tracer" to locate the ex tenant. The private investigator can also, for a nominal charge, perform an asset search. Once you locate her, you can garnish her accounts and wages, attach her assets, etc., until the judgment is paid.

Your attorney can refer you to a reliable skip tracer in your area.