Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney

If the court ordered an eviction against me.. is there a

Customer Question

If the court ordered an eviction against me.. is there a time frame in which the ruling is valid? Like statute of limitations on the eviction? Because it was granted on June 23rd and NE and my landlord had a verbal agreement that I would be out of the house on July 13th. Now I am told that they are coming tomorrow to throw me out.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

The landlord only has to give you 24 hours to vacate under Louisiana statute. If you do not then the landlord must call the constable to remove you and your things. There is no statute of limitations as your rights to the property have been terminated. If the landlord were to accept rent or sign a new lease with you then that would be a different story but unfortunately you are out of luck otherwise and you technically could have been removed prior to this time. The landlord does not legally have to give you more than 24 hours but he/she cannot remove you and your things against your will. The constable must be there to do this.

Please let me know if you have nay further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time and will cost you nothing extra.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?