MDLawyer
MDLawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years in legal practice. Over 5 years in advising clients on landlord/tenant issues, including on a pro bono basis.
16277701

After you get the five day pay rent or quit paper if you

Customer Question

After you get the five day pay rent or quit paper if you leave be for the five days are up can the landlord still get you for back rent
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 5 months ago.

Hello Michael and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. If you owe rent and have not paid and an eviction has been started, you are still liable for the back rent. In other words, yes, the landlord can still take you to court and can still put your debt on your credit report if you have not paid what you owe.

Please let me know if this has answered your question and let me know how else I can assist you, if you still need more information.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you very much
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 5 months ago.

You are most welcome. If you could be so kind as to leave me a positive rating, it would be much appreciated and it is what allows me to continue to help others such as yourself.

Expert:  MDLawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello Michael, did you need any additional information?