Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My Roomate locked me out of my house and has all of my

Customer Question

My Roomate locked me out of my house and has all of my belongings and food and rent money and I just paid him rent two days ago can I sue him and get restitution?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also he has kicked me out permanently it is the beginning of the month this is in a senior 55& older mobile home park manager knows I stay there sometimes doesn't know that I full on live there though so there is no lease between me and management just verbal agreement between me and owner of mobile home I have lived there for 65 days now and there is no reason he kicked me out he is just trying ro get money out of me sell my tv and rent my room out to someone else to make double rent this month
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Yes, you can sue for the illegal lockout, for the return of your things and for refund of the rent paid.

You can file the lawsuit at your Courthouse in the Small Claims Session. For Small Claims forms and instructions, click on the link below:

http://courts.oregon.gov/Lane/SmallClaims/pages/schow.aspx

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.