TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

If I try to get out of my lease because my landlord is in

Customer Question

If I try to get out of my lease because my landlord is in breach of contract will I get my deposit back? There is no damage to the apartment other than the water damage from the pipes he refused to fix for 3 months.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Yes, so long as you did not cause damage or fail to pay rent, then you would be entitled to your full deposit when the tenancy terminates, whether it terminates because of breach of the lease by the landlord, or otherwise.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!