Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I rent a property in Denver. Never signed a lease. We gave

Customer Question

I rent a property in Denver. Never signed a lease. We gave our 30 day notice. the land lord is selling the house and is now doing work in our yard ,and fixing things that have been broken or leaking for years.There are nails and messes being made in the yard where my dog goes. Is there any way to keep the owner away from the house till i move.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Sam replied 3 months ago.

This is Samuel. If here is no lease, then the only thing is you can ask the LL to try to not leave those items around because it is unsafe for your dog and you and your family and should something happen, now that they are On Notice of the potential danger if anything happens you would have no choice but to hold them responsible.

Put it is writing and mail it to them certified with a return receipt.

So the letter will say something like

This is A Notice that the work you are doing around the property located at ADDRESS is becoming a potential hazard zone. You are leaving nails, etc where anyone can step on them or our pets could get hurt. I am asking that you be more careful and clean up these potential dangers. If something were to happen because of this negligence I would have no choice but to hold your liable and responsible for any monetary damages.

Expert:  Sam replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures I get credit for my time.