LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have handled Real Estate and Landlord Tenant matters for more than two decades.
15277592

When are effective dates an agreement between landlord and

Customer Question

When are effective dates for terminating an agreement between landlord and tenant farmer?In the State of Illinois.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under IL law, in a year to year lease agreement, written notice of termination of tenancy must be provided no later than 4 months prior to the end of the year period. In IL, Illinois, unless otherwise set out in a lease agreement, a year to year lease of farmland is presumed to begin on March 1 and end on the last day of February.

In a Term Lease---such as a lease allowing for a specific term---such as the growing of a crop----ends when the crop has been harvested and in that instance, no notice is needed.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug