Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

I have a tenant who is disturbing the peace and threating

Customer Question

I have a tenant who is disturbing the peace and threating other tenants in the building. This person lives with a parent who is on the lease. The police have bene called and now I have a tenant who wants to move out because they don't feel safe.Do I have the right to tell the parent that the adult child has to move out or they the parents have out move ? This tenant has a lease until January 2017. I am at risk of losing other tenants because of this person who is unstable.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Yes, you do. This is a breach of lease, and a breach by all of them. Unless they want an eviction on their record, they should take the warning and leave voluntarily. If they wont leave, you need to file for eviction. You may also seek a restraining order - which in effect may require them to leave.

Kindly rate me good or excellent.