How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 53923
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tenant who is disturbing the peace and threating

Customer Question

I have a tenant who is disturbing the peace and threating other tenants in the building. This person lives with a parent who is on the lease. The police have bene called and now I have a tenant who wants to move out because they don't feel safe.Do I have the right to tell the parent that the adult child has to move out or they the parents have out move ? This tenant has a lease until January 2017. I am at risk of losing other tenants because of this person who is unstable.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.


Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

Yes, you do. This is a breach of lease, and a breach by all of them. Unless they want an eviction on their record, they should take the warning and leave voluntarily. If they wont leave, you need to file for eviction. You may also seek a restraining order - which in effect may require them to leave.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

Kindly rate me good or excellent.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions