Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

How are you. I need help immediately I live in Plano tx and

Customer Question

Hi how are you. I need help immediately I live in Plano tx and I am trying to find a lawyer that can guide us. We have been living in a home for 2 years in plano tx with a landlord who has done nothing but make our lives miserable. Even before our lease was up June 30th today. she has sent us numerous emails telling us in broken english that this is her house and she wants us out ALL THE TIME. shows up for no reason ringing the doorbell until we open sometimes 15-30 times just because she can. The problem is we are from New York and our daughter goes to the frisco schools when we rented this house she knew we wanted after 2 years to renew or do month to month until we can find something she agreed in front of my husband and the real estate agent. On June 1st she emailed us to again get out of her house. At this point my husband had just had sliced his hand open at work and had major tendant damage and I have been in and our of hospitals due to sickness. We explained to her what about a month to month until at least my husband can move who has one arm. She said absolutely not. So from this point we had 3 weeks to look for a house in the same school district with her still sending emails and text messages daily (i have them all) to get out of her house) we told her we are doing the best that we can we have absolutely not 1 person her from our family that we can even stay with. so we finally find a house and we got a call 3 days ago that the leasing agent said the owners said no due to a CURRENT eviction filing. we said that can not be we are paid there is no reason. We called our landlord and she said she did that to make sure we were out by june 30th. we can't even get an apartment now because that is on our record. we were served with a court date now for july 12th to see a judge. I have my proof that we paid and all the nasty emails and letters. Do we have any rights at all here. We have no where to go. The landlord said she checked and the eviction she filed can not be removed. what are we to do. Please help asap. Jean
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Sam replied 5 months ago.

Hello Jean

This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of this situation for you.
So you have a lease, but it expires today and the LL is now demanding you leave as she is not renewing your month to month?
Is that correct?
What is it you want to do? What information can I provide you in this regard, please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sam, i just typed a whole story of what is going on did you read it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
she filed an eviction on us for no reason and now we have lost the house we were going to move into. We now can not get a place due to that on our record and have a court date on July 12th to see the judge
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
she admitted she should not have filed and tried to get it lifted today and the court would not. I have to go to court now on july 12th when we paid the rent. do we have the right now to live in this house please answer me it is so urgent. do you know texas law if not I need someone who does
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can someone please answer me
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am requesting a refund please right away
Expert:  Sam replied 5 months ago.

Thank you, Jean. I am going to opt out. This really belongs in Landlord tenant category and I will have that moved for you.

Expert:  Sam replied 5 months ago.

Please do not respond here at this time and another professional will help you shortly. Thanks for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello Jean,

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in. I can answer your question. Did you wish to continue, or, did you want a refund?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.