Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

Where would I find plaitiffs who have claims against and

Customer Question

Where would I find plaitiffs who have claims against and suffered from "SECTION 8 OF THE U.S HOUSING ACT OF 1937"[42 U.S.C. 1437]?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

That is an overly broad request, since there can be hundreds of different causes of action and claims under Section 8. However, you can find cases that have been reported by going to your local court library and using their online case search computer (unless you want to pay about $160 per hour to pay for your own access at home) and you would search the case files for "12 U.S.C. 1437" or "Section 8" and that would pull up all reported decisions for violations of those acts and then you can find the plaintiffs.

Otherwise, if you have a specific violation you are seeking plaintiffs on to start a class action suit, you would do that like attorneys do and have to advertise in the paper and online to find plaintiffs.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you mean 42 USC 1437? So you're telling me I can't find them on Google scholar?
Thank you for your reply.
For that broad a spread of cases, google scholar is a bit harder than lexis or westlaw which will let you better refine your search. If you want the search to be broader than it is already then you can start with google scholar though.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Opt out please

Sure, good luck to you on your broad request. Hope it works out for you.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

different expert here. Have you attempted a search on google scholar with the statute? have you tried searching court files in person? or registering with PACER to access online?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am registered with pacer and in less I know the parties names it's hard to find it their. I can do it in Google but what search terms are used to find cases in which the plaintiff has won

google scholar is your better option, and i would begin with the statute and the jurisdiction

You may add other search terms such as summary judgment, trial, verdict, decision, jury

Kindly rate my answer positively, thank you