Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have received a letter from the Management company of my

Customer Question

I have received a letter from the Management company of my apartment. I live on the ground floor with a balcony which has 8 foot high grillwork. However, I face a rather dangerous street...102nd. I chose the apartment because this balcony had a bamboo fencing around the grillwork, thereby making it difficult for passers by to look inside. As a single senior aged woman, this has given me an element of protection. (I note a man was shot to death directly across the street two years ago and the incident whereby a policeman was killed last year started just outside my balcony with 6 shots fired). The new Management has demanded I remove this. They said I can affix curtains inside the apartment. Of course I have curtains, but to get air inside....they must be kept open! And so without the bamboo around the balcony, anyone can see directly in. This does not seem to be the correct solution. Can anything be done. Thanks
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, M. Can you please clarify:

1) What state is this in?

2) What exactly did you install/place on the property?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!