Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.

I am in NC. I just found out that my tennant has an

Customer Question

I am in NC. I just found out that my tennant has an outstanding warrant for a misdemeanor DWI in another state. Can I get in any trouble as a landlord for continuing to rent to him? He is otherwise a good tennant. Thanks.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and former prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you.

No, you have no liability whatsoever, for merely renting to someone with a misdemeanor warrant. You, likewise, have no obligation to notify law enforcement for a misdemeanor warrant of a tenant.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.