Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am a sub tenant in an apartment that I just found out was

Customer Question

I am a sub tenant in an apartment that I just found out was under housing, the tenant collected money from me and said I could live here for six months as long as I paid her monthly. After moving all my belongings in a couple knocks on the door and says that they paid the tenant to live here as well. After I had told the tenant that I wasn't leaving until I was paid the full amount of what I had to pay her as well as $100 for cleaning up the house cuz it was disgusting. I then contacted the landlord and discuss this whole situation with her and she told me do not move out and to just deal with her and pay her what the tenant was paying her monthly till September 30th. Now tenant is threatening to call the cops if we don't move out is it possible for the cops to come in and get me out. I have messages from the tenant and the landlord stating all this. I need your legal advice. Thank you for your time.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Is your sub-lease legal -- meaning has it been approved/allowed by the landlord?