Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My husband just kicked me out, Ca, No, Yes My name is on

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My husband just kicked me out
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Ca
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes My name is ***** ***** and i pay all the bills
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Your husband can't force you out of the marital property short of a court can voluntarily leave, but he can't legally keep you away.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What can I do if he wont let me in?
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

For instance, if he were to file for divorce and ask the court for a restraining order / protection order, etc., then you'd have to honor the order......but otherwise, you can enter the property and come and go as you please. If he won't let you in, you could take any action you want to enter -- call the police or sheriff's office and ask them to accompany you to enter so you don't end up in a domestic violence situation.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

If you're afraid things could escalate to a physical altercation, that's likely the best option.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What do I have to do to kick him out? File court order?
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Yes, you could file for a restraining order or a protection order and have him restrained from entering the marital property or being in close proximity to you.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversations so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!