Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

My daughter had signed a lease with a friend and the friend

Customer Question

My daughter had signed a lease with a friend and the friend was telling her to move out and fighting her every day on money, my daughter has PTSD and has not been working since she quit her job to get a psychiatrist and to help her with her depression. she moved out, she spoke with the leasing agent with the trailer house and she stated that she could not get off the lease and that my daughter and her friend will be liable if the friend that is on the lease would tear the trailer up. Is their anything that can be done to get my daughter off the lease ? the 18 yo girl in the trailer is having at least 3 more other people to stay in the trailer and probably i dont know if collecting any rent. They all were against my daughter to move out and giving her a real hard time. No one in the trailer has a job either.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

Need consent of the LL. If LL getting paid, should not be a problem. Practically if LL is told of her situation and medical condition plus harassment may consent. If goes to court, can argue lacked capacity when signed, or that LL failed to provide quiet enjoyment of premises which was a breach of her rights and releases her.