Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

I was sent a certified letter this month from my reality

Customer Question

I was sent a certified letter this month from my reality company stating that they had to access my apartment to make repairs that have existed for over 10 years.I was told it would be a two day job, I allowed them access. And, they made no repairs to any of my apartment. My kitchen is still unusable, the cabinets that were supposed to be installed were never measured. Also, the cabinets and stove which were stated specifically to me that would be replaced have not been ordered. The realty manager said the contractors would return the next day Tuesday of this week. They never did, this has been a constant problem for ten years, and I was told via e mail that the appliances would be ordered a week from Saturday. They were here for a total of two hours.Here is a copy of the registered letter I received:"We Will send a repair crew on Friday June 17 at (9am to make the requested repairs. Please confirm you will provide access on this date.""You should be aware that if you continue to deny access, owner reserves all rights to bring action or proceedings and will seek to hold the tenant responsible for any and all fines assed by HPD. Or any agency arising out of the violations that you refuse to allow owner to correct."Rialto Management
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

are you asking if you must allow the repairs or set any conditions?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They ordered me to let them have access to make repairs I called the buildings department about. (After 10 years) Nothing was done the cabinets where not replaced, the stove wasn't replaced the vermin issue wasn't addressed. An exterminator was supposed to be here today at 9am he never showed up.

Courts expect repairs to be done at date and time suitable for both sides without much interference with use. LL may not enter at will, and tenant may not object to all times. Courts expect both sides to be reasonable for benefit of the premises and the parties involved.

Let me know if that is clear and acceptable.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been this has been going on for ten years, It takes them 3 to six months to address the issues.

You may file a complaint in court seeking a definite schedule and rent credit for affected period.