Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

My rent is due on the 1 of the month up to the 3rd day of

Customer Question

My rent is due on the 1 of the month up to the 3rd day of the month with a grace period to the 10th of the month. I paid my rent on the 15th of the month because I was unable to pay on the tenth. My rent was returned and the eviction process started. They are asking for $665.00 as an eviction fee beside my rent and late fee. I only get paid once a month from social security which is every third Wednesday of the month. I notified the office of this fact but it was to no avail. I am trying to go back to work but have been unsuccessful. I will be 72 this year and I have some health issues which has slowed me down. What can I do?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. In what city and state is this? Did you notify them in advance that you were going to be late with the rent? When did they send you the eviction notice - on what date this month?

Expert:  MDLawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hi Bridget. It says you have replied to me but I do not see a reply back to my questions.

Expert:  MDLawyer replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you still need assistance or whether I should ask Just Answer to close out the question. Thank you.