Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I am a rental resident of six years on the same property. Up

Customer Question

I am a rental resident of six years on the same property. Up until last year my landlord and I always had a legal yearly rental contract. Without reason he decided to have a month by month verbal rental agreement without a written contract. I obviously disagree with this for it takes away a sense of security for my family and I. What rights as a tenant do I have if he decides to evict us without just cause? Rent is always paid on time, The property is well maintained and we even pay for some repair and maintenance costs out of pocket. No wrong doing on our part.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 4 months ago.

Hi Rob. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Can you tell me in what state you are located? Thank you!