TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

My name is anita I first I had to get my truck tow because

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** first I had to get my truck tow because he said he did not want it here now I just got another paper saying he wants my washer and dryer out of my apartment or he will come and take it out his self am being evicted from my apartment because the new landlord wants the apartment for family member but now he is starting to harass me I have been here for 17 years he just got this place the end of January we are going to court on june 23 2016 what can I do to stop this harassment
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

If you have a lease, then he cannot evict you unless you have violated the lease somehow. It would certainly be unlawful and not possible to evict you merely because the landlord wants the apartment for his family members. But you also mentioned that you have a washer/dryer in the apartment. If that is in violation of the lease, then he could possibly evict you for that if you do not move the washer/dryer first.

You mentioned that you have been using Greater Boston Legal Services, so I would continue to use them and make sure that they are aware of your upcoming hearing on the 23rd. I would also ask them to review the lease and advise you about the washer/dryer. If it is in violation of the lease, then I would remove them ASAP before the hearing.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.