Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I own a vacation home that has a irs tax lien on it. can i

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: i own a vacation home that has a irs tax lien on it. can i rent the unit out to apply money to a tax bill payment?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: hawaii, i'm in california
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not about this question
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: should i rent or sell it? can i specify the year I apply payment to or does it default to oldest?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...I am not sure I understand. I understand their is a lien...but you are still on title, is that correct?