Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.

Customer Question

Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
Hello. What is your question?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, I dont know why my question didnt go through.My landlord has posted a notice that I will not have access to my apartment for a 6 hour period while cosmetic upgrades are performed outside the front door to my unit. These upgrades were not at the request of any tenant, and are purely cosmetic in nature. Does my landlord have a right to deny me access to my unit for this reason.I want a specific law or precedent cited, obviously it would be illegal for my landlord to deny me access to my unit for months at a time, so there must be some law or precedent against this, even if this specific case does not fall under it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh, and I am in Snohomish county, Lynnwood
Landlord has to be provide habitable premises and quiet enjoyment. The basis is your lease and common law. Here landlord is interfering without basis and could make such changes in between tenancies or with tenant consent. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.