Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I live in a complex that is listed as senior and handicap

Customer Question

I live in a complex that is listed as senior and handicap accessible. The whole complex has been remodeled and 19 apt.s were made totally handicap accessible. There are tenets who did not want there apt. converted and and some who did. I am in a wheelchair. I have given management 2 letters from my doctor. One says I need a walk in shower, the other says I need a handicap apartment.
Now that my apartment is finished, I can not reach any of the upper cupboards, the microwave or pantry shelves in the kitchen.
Is there anything I can do? Please help
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Certainly it is possible. Was your apartment handicap accessible before the remodel?