JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Other
Experience:  JustAnswer
94416922

I have a verbal rental agreement on renting a room in a

Customer Question

I have a verbal rental agreement on renting a room in a house and sharing a storage unit as well in Webster, MA with a long term college friend. I lost my job in March and she agreed to let the rent go until I could pay her back after I found a new job and was back on my feet financially. Now I have found a new job in NY and moved out 2 weeks ago, and a new person has taken over my space.
I have given her a date of July 15th and I will gladly pay her all back rent and storage fees of $3500.00 but now she is holding my property in the storage unit from me until she gets this money. Is this legal to do?
Until my job loss, I had paid her on time every month for rent and storage fees since I moved in in March 2014 and do not understand why all of a sudden our good faith agreement has gone bad on her part... thank you for your advice!
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  JustAnswer replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for posting your question. We’re matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My number is **********...thanks...