JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Other
Experience:  JustAnswer
94416922

I have a verbal rental agreement on renting a room in a

Customer Question

I have a verbal rental agreement on renting a room in a house and sharing a storage unit as well in Webster, MA with a long term college friend. I lost my job in March and she agreed to let the rent go until I could pay her back after I found a new job and was back on my feet financially. Now I have found a new job in NY and moved out 2 weeks ago, and a new person has taken over my space.
I have given her a date of July 15th and I will gladly pay her all back rent and storage fees of $3500.00 but now she is holding my property in the storage unit from me until she gets this money. Is this legal to do?
Until my job loss, I had paid her on time every month for rent and storage fees since I moved in in March 2014 and do not understand why all of a sudden our good faith agreement has gone bad on her part... thank you for your advice!
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  JustAnswer replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for posting your question. We’re matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My number is **********...thanks...