Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in Landlord-Tenant Law.
26296561

I am disputing a charge from my bill with my landlord and I

Customer Question

I am disputing a charge from my bill with my landlord and I came home tonight and there was letter attached to my door for everyone to see that said, in big letters, oops, your rent was underpaid by $23. Please bring this in to the office by 5pm tomorrow.
Is it legal for them to post this on my door and make it look like I don't pay my bills?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, while it might not be a good business practice, it is legal for the landlord / management company to post any notices related to the rental unit on the rental unit's door, as long as, such notice doesn't contain any confidential information, such as social security, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, etc...

I am very sorry to provide you with this badnews, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provideJustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is notfavorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Thank you.