Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

We are renting a property that has mold and asbestos. We

Customer Question

We are renting a property that has mold and asbestos. We have had an envirmental test done and it says the property is toxic. The owner and property management group has not made proper repairs. We are low income and there are not a lot of properties available in our area. We are concerned that if we give the property management group the report they will evict us, do we even have grounds for a case? We have 3 young children that have been exposed
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  JustAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting your question. We’re matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Landlord has no case. In fact you have a case against landlord for any medical expenses incurred, rent paid during affected period, costs and interest. Landlord has breached tenancy rights and failed to provide safe and habitable premises.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please rate me positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid a $43 fee which I thought was to talk with someone, if not I guess I got my answer
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I answered above, is there something I can clarify about the answer? is it acceptable?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please rate me positively.