Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

We want to remove the tenant from our property. We do not

Customer Question

We want to remove the tenant from our property. We do not want them to pay the past due rent and stay in the house, but to be gone. The tenant has at least nine dogs. So it isn't a pay the rent and you can stay, but leave the property type of situation. Is there a special type of letter or form that needs to be sent or recorded at the court?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Can you tell me what state you're in?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Phoenix, Arizona
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What mor
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just looking for initial info, not ready to get an attorney.
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

If the tenant is behind on rent, you must give him/her a 5 day notice to pay or quit the lease if you want the tenant out quick. Here's a good link you can read:

If you don't have a written lease, or if you don't want to rush the tenant out, you can give a 30 day notice to vacate and have them move out by then without demanding any unpaid rent -- but you have to wait longer:

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Those are the real options, but the fastest is the 5 day notice to pay or quit....but if the tenant comes up with the rent, he/she'd have the right to remain in the property.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!