Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

I have a rental in state and the tenant keeps sneaking in a

Customer Question

I have a rental in Washington state and the tenant keeps sneaking in a dog. I gave her a written warning. How do I go forward evicting her?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.
You would file a petition in court for eviction. The court would schedule a hearing and would evict on proof of breach that continued beyond notice.Practically you may also hire a landlord tenant lawyer to handle the case. Entitled to recover legal fees from tenant.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But can't i just put an eviction notice on her door and hope she moves out voluntarily?
You cannot do that until the court issued an eviction order. You need to file for eviction first!
I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.

thank you in advance.