LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.
9540344

How much does a landlord have the right to raise my rent if

Customer Question

How much does a landlord have the right to raise my rent if no improvements are done and a new lease is being drawn up?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 8 months ago.

Would you mind sharing with me the State and City the property is located in?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
st Pete florida

Thank you. I am sorry to say but there are no rent control laws which limit a landlords ability to raise the rent, once the lease term ends. The only things that controls and prevents it, is raising the rent to an amount which current market conditions do not support. As such, even if there were not improvements, the landlord can raise the rent, in good faith, if he thinks that the current rental value supports it and if you decide to not renew the lease, he will be able to find another tenant to move in and pay what he is asking.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.