Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

What are my rights as a tenant. I sold my property. in

Customer Question

what are my rights as a tenant. I sold my property. in January and was offered the opportunity to rent the place I lived in and had owned. I signed a rental contract which expired the first of June. The owner said I could stay but she had also said that she my want to sell her home and live where I now live. now she wants me to leave and I agree to that. The problem is that I need at least until first of November to get ready. Before when she bought the place she asked me to move and I spent a great deal of time finding a place and also put a deposit. but the sale did not go through as contracted ..The possession was to be before January but she asked for an extention which I gave and she said I could stay then I signed the contract to stay and canceled my rental agreement at the other place.
The problem is she wants me to leave very soon. As I said, I am 87 and have new health problems and have planned the first vacation for 3 years in July. I cannot see finding a suitable place and moving before middle of October at the soonest. What are my rights???
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. What State is the rental property located in?