Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I was evictied 4 years ago because I broke my leg and the

Customer Question

I was evictied 4 years ago because I broke my leg and the complex refused to come to my apartment and collect the rent, I was in a wheelchair. I was angry and just went back to ca. do I still have the right to sue this complex?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. You do understand that sometimes we have to give you what you may deem "bad news" but that this should not be taken out on us - since we can't control the law... does that make sense?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I really want to give you an answer that will be considered by you to be "good" news but, if I do, I will be telling you what you want to hear - not what the actual law is. Your landlord has no obligation under the law to come to your home to pick up your rent check.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can I still sue

You *can* sue them - but what I'm trying to tell you is that based solely on what you've described there is no legal basis for the suit and if you file a baseless lawsuit they can then go after you for legal fees.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have never suied anyone. but I feel I was totally taken atvantage of . I cant believe these people could disrerard the physical problem I was in
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** contact me