barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for over 15 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

Can I re a attorney to represent my son in a criminal case

Customer Question

Can I hire a attorney to represent my son in a criminal case and still be considered the client? I want to be the one who holds the sttorney accountable and be privy to all the facts. All with my son's approval of course.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can I hire a attorney to represent my son in a criminal case and still be considered the client?

.

No, unfortunately if the attorney is representing your son, then son is the client, regardless of who is paying for the attorney's services. The attorney only has a duty to the client and couldn't even discuss the case with you unless son allowed him to do so because his duty of confidentiality it to his client.

.

But as long as son tells the attorney to make everything available to you, then he has to do so.

.

.

thanks