MDLawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years in legal practice. Over 5 years in advising clients on landlord/tenant issues, including on a pro bono basis.

I have a rental in Kenosha Wisconsin.I have a lease that a

Customer Question

I have a rental in Kenosha Wisconsin.I have a lease that a tenants boss signed and she did not sign.She has multiple people living in the apartment not on the lease.I served her a five day notice that has come and gone end of last month.I texted her boss saying I was going to start eviction process and he said no that wont work you did not serve me.Do I need to serve him or is serving the tenant at the apartment enough.The lease is written her name first then his company name?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you so much for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you this evening.

In order to assist you, I need to know some additional information. First, what is the reason that the tenant 's name is ***** ***** the lease? Is the boss the only signatory to the lease and she is listed as an occupant?

Expert:  MDLawyer replied 4 months ago.

If it is the boss' name on the lease, he is the one that you needed to have given the 5 day notice to since it is with him that you have a contract.

Expert:  MDLawyer replied 4 months ago.

You need to ultimately serve the person whose name is ***** ***** lease. You do need to notify her of the lease violation if she is the occupant but you need to serve official papers to the person on the lease who is listed as the tenant.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Her name is ***** ***** the lease with a slash mark namimg his company not him-
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 4 months ago.

What do you mean by a "slash mark"? Who is it that you as the landlord typed in as the tenant and whose signature is on the lease?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its written tenant/inovative solutions-he signed the lease
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Im need to get to sleep shortley
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 4 months ago.

I apologize for the delay. I did not receive notification that you had responded until a few minutes ago and it is almost 11pm my time. If you wrote the contract with the company, then you need to serve the company. Your contract is with the person named on the lease and who signed.

Expert:  MDLawyer replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know whether you need any additional clarification. Thank you so much for allowing me to assist you! I will be on in the morning should you need anything else. Thank you again.