Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

My parents rented the house next to me twenty years. last 15

Customer Question

My parents rented the house next to me for around twenty years.for the last 15 years I was lead to believe that my father had went down to the courthouse and had the boundaries changed on the lit size and the shed that was in it.Just recently my fathers health and mind has gone bad and after his problems in his health accursed the tenants somehow talked him in to selling itMy question to you is ,is there any recourse I can do to at the very least get back what I was lead to believe was mine and that I also soley used by myself for the last 15 years.Thank You
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 4 months ago.

When you say that your parents "rented the house", do you mean that they rented it out to someone else, or that they rented it for themselves to live in? Are you saying that the home you lived in for 15 years was supposed to be on a separate lot that was to be given to you? Are both homes on the same lot? Did your father actually sign a deed over to the other people for the house next door, which Deed you claim was fraudulently obtained? As you can see, your facts do not present a clear picture. If you can restate them in a more orderly fashion, I might be able to come up with some useful information about where you stand.